Freelance Essay Writing Jobs: How to Avoid Scams?
Being a freelance writer can be hard because you have to keep yourself busy and write all the time to make any money at it. The internet has made it easier for freelance writers to find work but you have to be careful about where you go to find work. Here, I will tell you how to spot a scam freelance website.
What to Look For
When you are looking for work most people turn to job websites to find a job and this is where most of these people get your information, so make sure you make your information and résumé private so they can’t see your emails.
- The first thing you should look for is how they contact you. If their email sounds like recruiting or an advertisement, then it is probably not the real deal.
- If they send you a website to go to, make sure you search it first before you reply to the message. This will give you all the information about its legitimacy.
- If your offer has misspelled words or horrible grammar this says that they aren’t professional and English is probably not their first language.
- Use Google to find out about the job, there is so much information out there on all kinds of jobs that you apply for that you can find out about the entire company before you even agree to it, which in return lets you avoid a scam.
- If you have to pay for a freelance writing job, then it’s probably a scam. If you have to pay upfront to work, there’s a good chance they are just going to keep your money and not give you work.
Legit Freelance Work
There are a lot of sites out there that offer freelance work that is legit; you just have to find them.
- A simple search on Google, like legit freelance writer jobs, will give you plenty of results and because you now know to research before you sign up, you will be able to find a legit one.
- Don’t get discouraged if a site does not meet your needs right away. You will find one person that will take a chance on you and then you will build up your profile and will get more work. One step at a time.